The IEEE Student Branch Leuven is organizing the 8th Edition of the Symposium "Evolutions in Power Systems". This year's topic is "Substations", where different technologies, operational experience, design and construction of substations will be discussed by industrial experts.
The symposium will take place on Wednesday, March 21st 2012, at the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT) at KU Leuven (route description).. The symposium will start at 14.00 and close at 18.00 with a reception.
The program is given below:
- Welcome and Introduction - IEEE Student Branch Leuven
- AC Offshore Substations - CG Global
- Design and Construction of Large Substations - Fabricom
- Onshore/Offshore HVDC substations - ABB
- Coffee Break
- HV Indoor Substations, Technology and Operation - 50Hertz - Transmission
- Substations for Railway Applications - Infrabel
- Closing reception
Registration is required for participation with the tool provided below. The participation is free of charge.
The Power Engineering Symposium 2012 is already past us. Keep an eye on our website for more information about the next edition in 2013!
For more information about this symposium you can always send an email. Please clearly mention the Power Engineering Symposium.