IEEE Student Branch Leuven Power Engineering Symposium
The IEEE Student Branch Leuven is organizing the 9th Edition of the Symposium "Evolutions in Power Systems". This year's topic is "Power System Security and Reliability", where currently applied security criteria, their design and implementation and the future of power system security will be discussed by industrial experts.
The symposium will take place on Wednesday, March 20th 2013, at the Auditorium De Molen at KU Leuven (Map). The symposium will start at 14.00 and close at 18.00 with a reception.
The program is given below:
- 14.00 - Welcome and Introduction - IEEE Student Branch Leuven
- 14.10 - Reliability in the Norwegian Power System - Jan Ove Gjerde (Statnett, Norway)
- 14.50 - Defense Plans - Stijn Cole (Tractebel, Belgium)
- 15.30 - Enhanced System Monitoring and Control to Improve Reliability - Rob Jones (ABB, Ventyx)
- 16.10 - Coffee Break
- 16.40 - How to Design and Improve the Security and Reliability of an Industrial Grid - Frank Vanwynsberghe (BASF, Belgium)
- 17.20 - The Future of Power System Security in Europe - Patrick Panciatici (RTE, France)
- 18.00 - Closing reception
Registration is required for participation with the tool provided below. The participation is free of charge.