IEEE Student Branch Leuven Power Engineering Symposium
The IEEE Student Branch Leuven organizes the 13th Edition of its Power Symposium. This year's topic is "The Digital Substation", which will be discussed by several experts from industry and academia.
The symposium will take place on Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, at aula R in ESAT, the electrical engineering department at KU Leuven. The symposium will start at 14.00 and close at 18.00 with a reception.
The full program is:
- 14.00 - Welcome
- 14.10 - Towards multi-vendor interoperability over systems lifecycle, The ENTSO-E approach – Grégory Huon, ENTSO-E
- 14.50 - Full use of digital technology in HV substations, from process till control center – Stefaan Vleeschouwers, ABB
- 15.30 - How to give the digital substation hands and feet - Kim Vrancken, Eandis
- 16.10 - Coffee Break
- 16.40 - Smart Secondary Distribution Substations: an SME Perspective– Rik Verheyen, Tom De Rybel, Bausch Datacom
- 17:20 -IED development for grid automation with an open lab-scale platform – Stijn Uytterhoeven, Laborelec, Filip Langenaken, National Instruments
- 18.00 - Reception
Registration is required for participation with the tool provided below. The participation is free of charge.
The slides of the presentations will be made available below: